Friday, March 30, 2018

Angus and the Cat

Angus and the Cat. Marjorie Flack. 1931. 32 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Each day as Angus grew older he grew longer but not much higher. Scottie dogs grow that way. Now as Angus grew older and longer he learned MANY THINGS.

Premise/plot: After a few pages sharing what Angus has learned, readers learn that there was one thing Angus was very curious about but had never learned about: CATS. He will have plenty of opportunity to do so when his owner (whom we never see) adopts a cat. Will Angus and the new cat get along?! How much will life change for Angus?!

My thoughts: This is a great little story! I was not familiar with this classic. I discovered it at a local charity bookstore earlier this month. It was instant love on my part!!! I adore the illustrations. And the story is super-sweet!

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: