- What books for this challenge have you read (or reviewed) recently?
- What are you currently reading?
- Are there any quotes you'd like to share?
- Who would you recommend? Anyone you would NOT recommend?
- Favorite book you've read so far...
What books have I read and reviewed for this challenge?
1. A Bound Heart. Laura Frantz. 2019. Revell. 400 pages. [Source: Review copy]
2. Ivanhoe. Walter Scott. 1819. 544 pages. [Source: Bought]
3. The Black Moth. Georgette Heyer. 1921/2009. Sourcebooks. 355 pages. [Source: Review Copy]
4. Evelina. Fanny Burney. 1778. 455 pages. [Source: Bought]
5. Cotillion. Georgette Heyer. 1953/2007. Sourcebooks. 355 pages. [Source: Review copy]
What am I currently reading?
Venetia by Georgette Heyer
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
She is not, indeed, like most modern young ladies, to be known in half an hour: her modest worth, and fearful excellence, require both time and encouragement to show themselves. She does not, beautiful as she is, seize the soul by surprise, but, with more dangerous fascination, she steals it almost imperceptibly. ~ Fanny Burney
“You are in the right,” said Mrs. Selwyn, “not to watch time, lest you should be betrayed, unawares, into reflecting how you employ it.” “Egad, Ma’am,” cried he, “if Time thought no more of me than I do of Time, I believe I should bid defiance, for one while, to old age and wrinkles; for deuce take me, if ever I think about it at all.” ~ Fanny BurneyRecommendations...
I have enjoyed every book I've read so far. Some are more quotable than others. But all have been solidly good.
Favorite book I've read so far...
Probably Bound Heart by Laura Frantz.
© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews