Saturday, February 23, 2019

February Share-a-Tea Check-In

Emile Eisman-Semenowsky, Tea Time
What are you currently reading for the challenge?
Have you finished any books for this challenge this month?
Is there a book you're looking forward to starting next month?
Want to share any favorite quotes from a past or current read?
What teas have you enjoyed this month?

---My answers

I am currently reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I am also reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.

Yes. I've finished several books this month for this challenge.

20. What is Poetry? The Essential Guide to Reading and Writing Poems. Michael Rosen. Illustrated by Jill Calder. 2019. Candlewick Press. 208 pages. [Source: Library]
21. Ballet Shoes. (Shoes #1) Noel Streatfeild. 1936/2018. Random House. 256 pages. [Source: Library]
22. Through Gates of Splendor. Elisabeth Elliot. 1956/1996. Tyndale. 219 pages. [Source: Bought]
23. Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God. J.I. Packer. 1961/1991. IVP. 126 pages. [Source: Bought]
24. The Diary of a Young Girl. Anne Frank (The Definitive Edition). Edited by Otto Frank and Mirjam Pressler. Translated by Susan Massotty. 1947/1996. 352 pages. [Source: Bought]
25. Queen Victoria: Twenty-Four Days That Changed Her Life. Lucy Worsley. 2019. 432 pages. [Source: Library]
26. Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World. John F. MacArthur Jr. 1993/2001. Crossway. 266 pages. [Source: Bought]
27. Cotillion. Georgette Heyer. 1953/2007. Sourcebooks. 355 pages. [Source: Review copy]
28.  The Book Thief. Markus Zusak. 2006. Random House. 560 pages. [Source: Bought]
29. The Princess Bride. William Goldman. 1973/2003. 398 pages. [Source: Bought]
30. Bonnie and Clyde: The Making of a Legend. Karen Blumenthal. 2018. 256 pages. [Source: Library]
31. Jane Austen for Kids: Her Life, Her Writings, and World with 21 Activities. Nancy I. Sanders. 2019. Chicago Review Press. 144 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I'm looking forward to reading more books....always. I would love to finish Shirley by Charlotte Bronte, Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen and Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome.

Quotes:

I always used to bemoan the fact that I couldn't draw, but now I'm overjoyed that at least I can write. And if I don't have the talent to write books or newspaper articles, I can always write for myself. But I want to achieve more than that. I can't imagine having to live like Mother, Mrs. van Daan and all the women who go about their work and are then forgotten. I need to have something besides a husband and children to devote myself to! I don't want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death! And that's why I'm so grateful to God for having given me this gift, which I can use to develop myself and to express all that's inside me! When I write I can shake off all my cares. My sorrow disappears, my spirits are revived! But, and that's a big question, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? (Anne Frank, 251)

Teas

  • Honey Vanilla Camomile
  • Candy Cane Lane
  • I Love Lemon
  • Wild Raspberry Hibiscus
  • PG Tips
  • Salted Caramel
  • White Tea
  • Black Cherry Berry
  • Peppermint
  • Earl Grey

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: