Wednesday, October 16, 2019

World at War: Lady Cop Makes Trouble

Lady Cop Makes Trouble. Kopp Sisters #2. Amy Stewart. 2016. 310 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I handed the newspaper back to Mrs. Headison. “I suppose you replied to the box-holder?”

Premise/plot: Will she or won’t she be hired on as deputy?! That is the underlying question throughout the second book in the Kopp sisters series by Amy Stewart. Constance, Norma, and Fleurette are the Kopp sisters. The first book ended with Constance searching for a job. She has now found work as an unofficial-almost deputy to Sheriff Heath and matron of the jail. Her official job has her overseeing the female prisoners. Her unofficial job has her hunting down big time fugitives. Can she prove her worth and get the job done?

My thoughts: This book like Girl Waits with Gun is based on true people and events as reported in newspapers of the time. It even includes a photograph of the real Constance Kopp. I loved, loved, loved the first book which focused more on her relationship with her sisters. It had plenty of action and adventure. This second book focuses almost exclusively on her professional life. I liked it. I did. But maybe not quite as much. I would still recommend the series. 


© 2019 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: