Tuesday, February 04, 2020

21. Blue Madonna

Blue Madonna. (Billy Boyle #11) James R. Benn. 2016. 316 pages. [Source: Library] [Historical; Mystery; World War II]

First sentence: It was a nice day for a drive.

Premise/plot: Blue Madonna is the eleventh historical mystery starring Billy Boyle. This one is set May/June 1944 in England and France. It begins with a shocking twist: a court martial for Billy Boyle. But after an unusual start it soon settles into a more predictable Billy Boyle mystery. Wherever he goes, he finds murders to solve and clues to follow. Even in Nazi occupied France.

My thoughts: I love, love, love the series as a whole. These characters live for me. I am thoroughly attached to Billy Boyle, Kaz, Big Mike, Diana, etc. I love following the stories from book to book as to how these relationships and stories develop and evolve. But. Sometimes individual titles are just okay and not super amazing or oh so compelling. Blue Madonna is not my favorite in the series.

© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: