Monday, May 18, 2009

A Shakesepearan Summer


Liv is hosting "A Shakespearean Summer" reading challenge. Here are her rules for the challenge:

So onto the rules. 1. You must read three plays by Shakespeare between June 1st and August 31st. There's a list of all of his stuff toward the bottom of this page. 2. After you've finished reading one, do a post about it on your blog. Link back to this original post in your own post so people can see what it's all a part of. 3. If you don't have a blog, leave your thoughts in the comments of this post so there's some sort of documentation. 4. The Sparknote versions of the plays can count. Because yes, Shakespeare is hard to understand and sometimes we might need a little help along the way. I know that I'll be reading some Sparknotes. 5. Have fun.
Lisa Mantchev--one of my favorite, favorite, favorite people. (And no, she didn't give me a cupcake to say that!) is the sponsor for the challenge. And successful participants who complete the challenge are entered to win some prizes. And since one of those prizes is an autographed hardback copy of Eyes Like Stars, I am so there!

My three plays:

1. All's Well That Ends Well
2. Antony and Cleopatra
3. The Taming of the Shrew



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

3 comments:

Molly said...

So is it cheating if I join the challenge because I have to read 4 Shakespearean plays for a summer school course? I had already planned to post class discussions on my blog - and I would love to be part of an online challenge as well. It would make it that much more fun!

Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this excellent challenge! I'm going to sign up. I can easily knock out one Shakespeare in an afternoon, and there are a few I've never read.

Kailana said...

This is good timing. I was just saying this morning I want to read more Shakespeare. I might have to join!