Monday, December 21, 2009

2010 TBR Challenge


TBR 2010
January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010
12 Books
The list CANNOT be changed after January 1, 2010.

So after much thought, I have created a list for 2010. It wasn't easy. I think I have been working on this list for over a month. But here it is. 12 for the 'original' list. 12 for the 'alternate' list.



My list of 12:

1. Fire by Kristin Cashore (480 pages)
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (400 pages)
3. Everwild by Neal Shusterman (432 pages)
4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (400 pages)
5. Ice by Sarah Beth Durst (308 pages)
6. The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo (201 pages)
7. Saving Juliet. By Suzanne Selfors. (272 pages)
8. Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison (310 pages)
9. Prada & Prejudice. by Mandy Hubbard. (288 pages)
10. Alcatraz Versus The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson (336 pages)
11. The Doom Machine by Mark Teague (320 pages)
12. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (448 pages)



My list of 12 alternates:

1. New York by Edward Rutherfurd (880 pages)
2. Captain Wentworth's Diary by Amanda Grange (293 pages)
3. The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James (352 pages)
4. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan (448 pages)
5. Dreamdark: Blackbringer by Laini Taylor (368 pages)
6. Libyrinth by Pearl North (336 pages)
7. Brief Gaudy Hour: A Novel of Anne Boleyn by Margaret Campbell Barnes (382 pages)
8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (560 pages)
9. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (336 pages)
10. East of Eden by John Steinbeck (602 pages)
11. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (544 pages)
12. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (192 pages)


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Laura H said...

So glad to hear you didnt read Catching Fire in the all night read-a-thon. Hope you take your time and enjoy it.

Suko said...

I like your mosaic of books! I'm sure you'll enjoy--and hopefully savor--many of these.

DesLily said...

I've read Cashores book and DiCamillo's and I know you will enjoy both of those!

Just want to wish you and your's Happy Holidays Becky!! and I will look forward to another year of reading your wonderful blog!

Alessandra said...

Shiver is fabulous. I've been told Tender Morsels is, too.

Richard LeComte said...

I like Rutherfurd's lightly likable books, and I love New York, so I probably will read New York in 2010 after I read 20 that I own. I'd love to sign up for this challenge, but I'm going to be taking two classes in the summer, which cramps my reading. I'll have to pick short books for June and July.

The Opinionated One said...

I have read Leviathan by Scott Westerfield and I loved it. Never read any of his books before but loved the science and fiction molding together.

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

Such a great list! I recognize many books I loved (Catching Fire, Leviathan, ...) and I hope you'll have as much fun read them all!