Sunday, December 06, 2009

Steinbeck Mini-Challenge Completed


The challenge was to read two Steinbeck novels in 2009. What I didn't know heading into this challenge was how very, very much I was going to fall for Steinbeck! I just love, love, loved discovering him this year!!! Which one was my favorite? Probably Tortilla Flat. Travels with Charley and Winter Of Our Discontent would take second and third easily. While I *appreciated* Of Mice and Men, it was a tough read for me because of the places it went. Though Winter of Our Discontent didn't end much cheerier. I look forward to reading more Steinbeck in the future!

My choices:

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
The Wayward Bus by John Steinbeck
Burning Bright by John Steinbeck
Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck
To A God Unknown by John Steinbeck
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Good job!!

He is one of my favorite authors! You really need to check out my fave book by him, East of Eden.

:-)