Monday, September 26, 2011

Torn (MG)

Torn. Margaret Peterson Haddix. 2011. Simon & Schuster. 352 pages.

"We didn't know what we were doing," a voice whispered near Jonah's ear. 

I really loved this fourth novel in the Missing series. I can't say that I've loved each of the novels equally. Though each has had its moments. But I can say that I've really enjoyed the series--or the idea behind the series. I love the time travel element. I love how each novel--or to be more precise, the second, third, and fourth novels--have focused on one time in particular. In the fourth novel, Jonah and his sister have been sent to 1611. They arrive on board Henry Hudson's ship just hours before a mutiny occurs. Jonah is posing as Hudson's son, and, well there is a lot depending on him. For the two have been told--and they have every reason to believe it--that time is falling apart and that they are the only two in position to repair the damage.

I would say that this is definitely a series you need to read in order. I'm not sure that Torn would be such a great read if you weren't familiar with the previous books.

If you enjoy action, adventure, history, mystery, and science fiction, then this series is definitely worth trying.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds like like a good series. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Sounds like a fun one. I'm definitely a stickler for reading books in order for that reason!

Kailana said...

I really need to get back to her. I have only read the one book and it was a while ago.

Alexander said...

Great post – I’m going to Tweet about your blog.

Sunday Smith A Book a Day Reviews said...

I have always liked time travel stories! I loved Doomsday by Connie Willis. This sounds like a series I want to start.