Monday, September 26, 2011

Torn (MG)

Torn. Margaret Peterson Haddix. 2011. Simon & Schuster. 352 pages.

"We didn't know what we were doing," a voice whispered near Jonah's ear. 

I really loved this fourth novel in the Missing series. I can't say that I've loved each of the novels equally. Though each has had its moments. But I can say that I've really enjoyed the series--or the idea behind the series. I love the time travel element. I love how each novel--or to be more precise, the second, third, and fourth novels--have focused on one time in particular. In the fourth novel, Jonah and his sister have been sent to 1611. They arrive on board Henry Hudson's ship just hours before a mutiny occurs. Jonah is posing as Hudson's son, and, well there is a lot depending on him. For the two have been told--and they have every reason to believe it--that time is falling apart and that they are the only two in position to repair the damage.

I would say that this is definitely a series you need to read in order. I'm not sure that Torn would be such a great read if you weren't familiar with the previous books.

If you enjoy action, adventure, history, mystery, and science fiction, then this series is definitely worth trying.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Sherrie 3:41 PM  

Hi!
Sounds like like a good series. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) 6:41 PM  

Sounds like a fun one. I'm definitely a stickler for reading books in order for that reason!

Kailana 8:07 PM  

I really need to get back to her. I have only read the one book and it was a while ago.

Alexander 1:01 PM  

Great post – I’m going to Tweet about your blog.

Sunday Smith A Book a Day Reviews 5:20 PM  

I have always liked time travel stories! I loved Doomsday by Connie Willis. This sounds like a series I want to start.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP