Friday, September 23, 2011

2011 Challenges: Fall Into Reading

Fall Into Reading hosted at Callapidder Days. The info post is here. The sign up post goes up September 23rd. (I'll link to it when I can). 
The challenge is from 9/23 to 12/21.

My goal is to read six to eight books. I'll probably list twice that much! But I hope to read at least six of the following:

The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman. I've been reading this one since August--I think it's been that long--but it's a LONG, LONG book, close to a thousand pages. And you do have to be in the right mood for it. I definitely want to finish it up this fall!

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. I admit I obsessively checked my library's catalog just to make sure I got a good spot on the waiting list. (It worked!) So I definitely plan on reading the second in Riordan's Heroes of Olympus series.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. This is not a new read to me, though I do try to read it "new" each time. I have signed up to read this one for the Classics Circuit tour. But I was planning on reading it anyway. I just love it so.

And Be A Villain by Rex Stout. I discovered Rex Stout last spring, and I'd love to spend some time this fall reading more of his Nero Wolfe mysteries. There are three books that go together--And Be A Villain, Second Confession, and In The Best Families. I don't know if I'll get to all three for this challenge. But I would love to get a good start on it!!!

Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers. My goal is to read all the Lord Peter books in order. The next to come--for me--is Murder Must Advertise. Then if I'm feeling ambitious, I need to read The Nine Tailors and Busman's Honeymoon. Sayers is another discovery new to me in 2011! I discovered her and Agatha Christie in January, and, well, things have DEFINITELY changed around here.

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I've wanted to read this one for a few years now. I have really enjoyed almost all of Collins' novels, so I'm looking forward to this one!

Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin. I am a big fan of Lynn Austin! And this one is about a librarian!

Agatha Christie: An Autobiography. I discovered Agatha Christie this year and I would love to read her autobiography.

Claudius the God by Robert Graves. I'd love to read the sequel to I, Claudius.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

You've got some good ones on there! Good luck with your list.

Katrina said...

Oh, I didn't know about Agatha Christie's autobiography. I've enjoyed so many of her mysteries. I should definitely check out her autobiography. My husband thoroughly enjoys the Nero Wolfe novels, though I haven't tried them yet. Thanks for being part of FIR '11!

Susanne said...

I love Lynn Austin too and will have to check that out.