Monday, September 05, 2011

Wrapped (YA)

Wrapped. Jennifer Bradbury. 2011. Simon & Schuster. 320 pages.

"Put the book down, darling," my mother said from her chair beside the mirror. 

Wrapped is a great read! I wouldn't say it is a perfect read, but it is so much fun. I wouldn't change a thing. It was just a joy to spend time with this book, with these characters. It's a mystery-romance set in Regency England--1815 to be exact.

Our heroine, Agnes Wilkins, is a delight! I just loved her! I loved almost everything about her. True, I solved the mystery before she did, but I'm not holding that against her. For I think, in many ways, she proves her smarts. She just happened to be a little distracted by her new friend Caedmon.

I definitely loved this one and am happy to recommend it!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Will said...

Hey Becky, great review, great site. I've just started a new blogging/review site called

http://reviews.universereview.com/

I was just wondering if you wanted to submit a few reviews to it or just chat about reviewing or give me a couple of hints to help get it off the ground.
Thanks!

Ms. Yingling said...

I enjoyed this as well. Fans of LaFevers' Theodosia will like this one.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

hi! i follow your blog! great review!

just stopping by :) i have cool pics on mine today that remind me of dark YA.

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

great review I am going to put this on my reading list!

Thanks!

sally said...

Thanks for sending this to the Carnival of YA Lit. It's up now, if you want to check it out.