Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What's On My Nightstand (September)

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted at 5 Minutes for Books. Here's what I'm reading currently:

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I am just LOVING this book! This isn't my first attempt to read it. But the first attempt I didn't get past the first fifty pages, just the wrong time, I suppose. But this time, it has become almost impossible to put down! I am just LOVING it!!! I love how it's told from so many perspectives!

The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman. I may not be making much progress in this one--it is close to a thousand pages. But I am still trying to make progress! I have NOT given up on it. I'm actually about 300 to 350 pages away from the end. So I hope to finish it soon.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I have not been given this one my full attention--or I would have finished it by now. I only have a hundred pages to go after all. This is for the Classics Circuit book tour in late October.


© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Wilkie Collins book on my TBR list... Moonstone. I may get to it in the spring since it is a book that I own. I try to read a book, a kindle book, a book of the bible, and an audio book each month... some times I get more, some times less. Sounds like some good books on your list!

Kailana said...

I am reading The Woman in White right now, too, and really enjoying it. It pulled me in right away! I read The Moonstone by him near the end of last year and rather enjoyed that book, too.

Anonymous said...

Woman in White is one of my favorites. Count Fosco is a complex villain to be sure. ; )

Collin's book No Name is on my TBR list.

~Lila

CharmedLassie said...

I'd relish the chance to be reading The Woman in White for the first time again!

Lila - No Name may take a while to get into but I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Becky, you'd love The Woman in White (my thoughts: http://manoflabook.com/wp/?p=386). Looking forward to read your thoughts on it.

Unknown said...

I've heard a lot about the Woman in White. Glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks for linking up!

Jennifer
5minutesforbooks.com

Cassandra said...

I haven't read Frankenstein yet. I'll have to add it to the list of classics I slowly read! ;)

Happy reading!

*ೃ༄ Jillian said...

I can't wait to read A Woman in White. I've heard so many good things. Frankenstein is EXCELLENT. One of my favorites. :-)

Tonia said...

I've read Woman in White and really enjoyed it. Someday I'll put another Wilkie Collins book on my list. Frankenstein is in the "someday" pile!

Trish said...

Isn't it interesting how a book can seem difficult or boring at one time and captivates us at another? It's strange how the mind works!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I haven't read these books. I'm kind of surprised at myself.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Woman in White was an amazing read! Normally I shy away from the classics, but the book is timeless.

joyh82 said...

Looks like you are getting ready for Halloween with those scarey titles on your nightstand. I have been thinking about reading The Woman in White for awhile now. Hope you enjoy your books!

Sponge for Knowledge said...

Becky, as a fellow librarian, I'm really excited to stumble across your blog. It's awesome to see that you read every sort of book as well, not just sticking to one genre or age group. Of course, you have your favorites, but I love that you branch out.

If you have any comments about any of my book blogs, visit me at www.spongeforknowledge.blogspot.com. I'd love to get some feedback!

Marg said...

Sunne in Splendour was my first Sharon Kay Penman and I loved it so much! Hope you get a chance to finish it!