Saturday, December 17, 2011

2012 Challenges: Science Fiction Experience

I have been anticipating this one for a while now. So when I saw Carl post a sign-up today, well, how could I resist? Why would I even try to resist?! (January 1, 2012-February 29, 2012) The reviews are shared at this site.

The Books I Read:

1. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
2. Babylon 5: To Dream in the City of Sorrows by Kathryn M. Drennan
3. Babylon 5: The Shadow Within by Jeanne Cavelos
4. Babylon 5: In the Beginning by Peter David
5. Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: The Long Night of Centauri Prime. Peter David.
6. Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: Armies of Light and Dark. Peter David.
7. Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: Out of the Darkness. Peter David.
8. A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2). Beth Revis.
9. The Pledge. Kimberly Derting.
10. The Predicteds. Christine Seifert.
11. Scored. Lauren McLaughlin.
12. Shadows in Flight. Orson Scott Card.
13. Blackout. Connie Willis.
14. All Clear. Connie Willis.
15. Enchantress from the Stars. Sylvia Louise Engdahl.
16. The Way We Fall. Megan Crewe.
17. Tankborn. Karen Sandler.
18. All Good Children. Catherine Austen
19. Cinder. (The Lunar Chronicles #1). Marissa Meyer.
20. Crossed. Ally Condie.
21. Awaken. Katie Kacvinsky.
22. The Demolished Man. Alfred Bester.
23. Alas, Babylon. Pat Frank.
24. The Worthing Saga. Orson Scott Card.
25. Earth Abides. George R. Stewart.
26. Time for the Stars. Robert A. Heinlein.
27. The Puppet Masters. Robert A. Heinlein
28. The Door Into Summer. Robert A. Heinlein.
29. Double Star. Robert A. Heinlein
30. The Stars My Destination. Alfred Bester.
31. We. Yevgeny Zamyatin.

These are the books I'm planning on reading.

Babylon 5: The Shadow Within by Jeanne Cavelos

Babylon 5: To Dream in the City of Sorrows by Kathryn M. Drennan


Babylon 5: Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps by J. Gregory Keyes



Babylon 5: Deadly Relations: Bester Ascendant by J. Gregory Keyes


Babylon 5: Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester by J. Gregory Keyes



Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: The Long Night of Centauri Prime by Peter David



Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: Armies of Light and Dark by Peter David


Babylon 5: Legions of Fire: Out of the Darkness by Peter David


Babylon 5: In the Beginning by Peter David





Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card



To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis


Blackout by Connie Willis


All Clear by Connie Willis


The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card

Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Foundation and Empire by Isaac Asimov

Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

2 comments:

redhead said...

I'm totally drooling over all those Babylon5 books, I had no idea anyone had done any novelizations! can't wait to read your reviews, that's one of my favorite SF tv shows!

We can read Zamyatin's We together. it looks really good, but a more literary than what I usually read.

January is gonna be so awesome, I'm so happy it's almost here!

Becky said...

Redhead, yes some are novelizations. But some are authorized books where we learn NEW stuff and get NEW stories :)

I'm looking forward to We, I've had it on my TBR pile for years and years now.

I am excited about January too!!!! I just wish my library had more vintage science fiction!