Thursday, November 28, 2013

2014 Reading Challenge: TBR Pile (Roof Beam Reader)

2014 TBR Pile
Host: Roof Beam Reader (sign up here); updates on 15th each month.
January - December 2014
# of Books 12 to 14

My list:


1066 And All That. W.C. Sellar & R.J. Yeatman. 1931/1993. Barnes & Noble. 116 pages. [Source: Bought]


In Search of England. H.V. Morton. 1927/2007. Da Capo Press. 304 pages. [Source: Bought]


Dick Turpin: The Myth of the English Highwayman. James Sharpe. 2004. Profile Books. 258 pages. [Source: Book I bought]


When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman. 1994. Random House. 746 pages. [Source: Bought]  


The Merry Monarch's Wife by Jean Plaidy. 1991/2008. Crown. 352 pages. [Source: Bought]


Victoria Victorious. Jean Plaidy. 1985. Three Rivers Press. 564 pages. [Source: Bought]


The Birth of Britain (History of the English Speaking People #1). Winston Churchill. 1956. 496 pages. [Source: Bought]


Pastwatch The Redemption of Christopher Columbus. Orson Scott Card. 1996. Tor.  351 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]


An Autobiography. Agatha Christie. 1977/1996. Berkley. 635 pages. [Source: Bought]

And Be A Villain. (Nero Wolfe). Rex Stout. 1948. 256 pages. [Source: Book I Bought] 


Good Morning, Miss Dove. Frances Gray Patton. 1954. 218 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]


The Eustace Diamonds. Anthony Trollope. 1873. 794 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]


My alternates:
The Courtiers: Splendor and Intrigue in the Georgian Court At Kensington Palace. Lucy Worsley. 2010. Walker. 432 pages [Source: Bought]


A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Betty Smith. 1943. Harper Perennial. 493 pages. [Source: Bought]

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only book on your list that I have read is A Tree Grown in Brooklyn. Good luck on your list.

Kailana said...

Good luck! I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and really must get back to Penman and Plaidy myself.

Becky said...

There are so many Plaidy novels I want to read next year, and quite a handful of Penman novels too!

Brona said...

Nice idea to put the covers of the books in your post as well - they all look so inviting !

I love a bit of historical fiction and non-fiction myself.

Good luck

Roof Beam Reader said...

Welcome back for 2014!! Your lists are always so interesting - new-to-me books, for the most part, every year! The Agatha Christie book sounds great. Good luck!

Fanda Classiclit said...

You'll love A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, it's rather flat but so enjoyable. And you have Christie's autobiography there! Oh, shame on me, that I am her fans but have never read her bio.

Good luck with the challenge!

JaneGS said...

I loved the TBR Pile Challenge this year (working on book #12), and am planning my reading list for 2014.

When Christ and His Angels Slept will definitely be on my list as well--can't wait to read that one.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was fabulous--enjoy!

I like all your history and historical fiction selections too, and the Autobiography of Agatha Christie is very promising.

Good luck with the challenge, and happy reading.