Thursday, February 13, 2014

The New Treasure Seekers (1904)

The New Treasure Seekers. E. Nesbit. 1904. 252 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]

The New Treasure Seekers is a collection of short stories starring the Bastable siblings. Some stories are set BEFORE The Story of the Treasure Seekers; some stories are set AFTER The Wouldbegoods. The stories vary in quality, in my opinion. On the one hand, there are a few stories that are truly wonderful. I absolutely adore "The Conscience Pudding," even though the end of the story has a not-so-nice word in it, a product of its time perhaps. If you'd like to read my favorite parts, I shared them as my Christmas gift to you! I do enjoy Oswald's narration. But reading The New Treasure Seekers and The Wouldbegoods so close together, while nice in some ways, was a bit too much. I found myself getting a bit bored by the misadventures after a while.

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: