Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cinderella Smith (2011)

Cinderella Smith. Stephanie Barden. Illustrated by Diane Goode. 2011. HarperCollins. 160 pages. [Source: Review copy]

There was a very crazy knocking noise going on at my front door that I was pretending not to hear.

I enjoyed reading Stephanie Barden's Cinderella Smith. The novel stars a lovely young heroine nicknamed Cinderella. She's so nicknamed because she's almost always losing one of her shoes. She now expects to lose shoes, so each shoe has her address written on it so it can be returned.

Does Cinderella lose a shoe in this one? Yes, of course. And it's not just any shoe, it's a tap shoe. She needs her BEAUTIFUL red tap shoe before the fall dance recital.

What I liked best about the book was the focus on friendship, school, and family. I loved meeting Cinderella. And I loved meeting her new friend, Erin. Cinderella and Erin work together to determine if Erin's new stepsisters are evil or not!

Cinderella Smith is a quick, easy read that I found delightful.  

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: