Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, Introduction Post

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
 Texas
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Do I have to choose?! I'm keeping my goals reasonable, but, my stack unreasonable. Probably. I guess I'd go with Blythe Woolston's MARTians since I've heard the author was inspired by Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
None. For better or worse. I don't "snack" much since I'm on a gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, caffeine-free diet. But what I look forward to the most--on most days anyway, is eating a fresh peach. Since giving up most sugar-y, processed foods, I've discovered fresh fruit is amazingly awesome and an absolute must. Oh. Also GINGER TEA. (I have tea twice a day. The Readathon will be no exception!!!)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I try my best these days to balance reading--a sitting down activity, for sure--and walking. It isn't always easy. I haven't found a way to be active and read at the same time.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This isn't my first read-a-thon, but, I haven't participated in years--at least not officially. I'm not sure how much reading I'll actually get done. But I hope to read at least three books--maybe even four.

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back (officially) to the readathon :) Ginger tea and fresh peaches sound absolutely delicious! Enjoy your day!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hope you get lots of reading done today! This is my first official Read As Much As Possible readathon in a few years and it feels good to be back.

And agree about the fresh fruit! I have some honeycrisps waiting for me in the fridge. Yum!

Unknown said...

Fresh fruit is an amazing treat. I hope you have a lovely readathon day! #teamdogwood.