Saturday, October 24, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #43

Oh Say Can You Say. Dr. Seuss. 1979. Random House. 36 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Said a book-reading parrot named Hooey, "The words in this book are all phooey. When you say them, your lips will make slips and back flips and your tongue may end up in saint Looey!"

Premise/plot: A book of silly tongue-twisters.

My thoughts: Not nearly as fun as Fox in Socks. Though I did like the one about bed spreaders and bread spreaders. Also the ones focused on Christmas like "Merry Christmas Mush" and "But Never Give Your Daddy a Walrus." Here's how the Merry Christmas Mush one goes: "One year we had a Christmas brunch with Merry Christmas Mush to munch. But I don't think you'd care for such. We didn't like to munch mush much." So I liked it, but, didn't really, really like it.

 Have you read Oh Say Can You Say? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is The Tooth Book. 

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Suko said...

Happy Saturday, Becky! This is a cute book.