Sunday, October 11, 2015

Peek-a-Boo Farm

Board Book: Peek-a-Boo Farm. Joyce Wan. 2015. Scholastic. 14 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: With a curly tail, I am pink and short. I play in the mud and go, "Oink, oink, snort." Guess who? Peek-a-boo! Pig

Premise/plot: Peek-a-Boo Farm is a board book for parents and caregivers to share with little ones. It is a companion book to Peek-a-Boo Zoo which I reviewed earlier in the year. Each spread reveals a riddle for little ones to solve. Can they guess--based on the rhyming clues--which animal is playing peek-a-boo? Flaps reveal the answer.

My thoughts: My favorite Joyce Wan title remains You Are My Cupcake. That title is probably my most favorite board book ever.  But Peek-a-Boo Farm is probably my second favorite title. I do enjoy her unique style of illustration. And the riddles are fun. Another title you might enjoy sharing with the little ones in your life: Pig-a-Boo! A Farmyard Peekaboo Book.

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: