Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ding Dong! Gorilla!

Ding Dong! Gorilla! Michelle Robinson. Illustrated by Leonie Lord. 2013. Peachtree. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

I loved, loved, loved Ding Dong! Gorilla! by Michelle Robinson. It reminded me of The Gorilla Did It by Barbara Shook Hazen, it is one of my favorite, favorite picture books. Sadly, I think it is out of print. The book opens with a confession.
You know we ordered a pizza? A great big one with extra cheese? Well, I'm afraid I have some BAD news...
But before he gets to the BAD news, he has a LOT to explain. It all started when he heard the doorbell ring. It was not the pizza delivery boy. No. It was a gorilla. A gorilla who made himself feel quite at home. (Think CAT IN THE HAT.)
So what is the bad news?! Well, he takes his time....that's for sure.

Ding Dong! Gorilla! had me grinning. I just loved it. I thought it was a very funny book. And I adored the illustrations by Leonie Lord.

I definitely recommend this one.

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: