Thursday, December 05, 2019

2020 Georgian Reading Challenge

Georgian Reading Challenge
Host: Becky's Book Reviews (sign up here)
Duration: December 1, 2019 - December 31, 2020
# of books: minimum 4

What counts:

  • Novels, poems, plays, short stories, novellas, letters, diaries, essays, nonfiction published in Great Britain (or its colonies) during the Georgian era. (1714-1837) or (1714-1830)
  • Nonfiction books published about the Georgian era. Including, of course, biographies on the royal family. 
  • Historical fiction set during the Georgian era. 
  • Books, e-books, audio books.  
  • Movies and television series set during this period--if you review them--can count. But try to keep things balanced.
You may make a list if you want to plan ahead...or read according to your whimsy.

Sign up by leaving a comment. No blog is required--no review either. But if you do have a blog, I'd love a link to it. Same with GoodReads if that is where you review books. (Comment moderation is turned on.)

You may follow me on twitter @blbooks.

© 2019 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

13 comments:

Jean said...

Hm, maybe I could actually finish my Boswell/Johnson book!

Anonymous said...

I have a bio of David Garrick to read.

Anonymous said...

Back again! My blog is at www.bookaddiction.blogspot.com. I hope to enter most of your challenges, Beck.

Beth said...

I completely failed at this last year, but I'm trying again: Georgian Reading Challenge

LibriAmoriMiei said...

I'm in! My link https://libriamicimiei.blogspot.com/2020/01/2020-georgian-reading-challenge.html
Thanks for hosting

Yvonne said...

Joining in this year. You can see my sign up post here:
https://adarngoodread.blogspot.com/2020/01/georgian-reading-challenge-2020-my-sign.html

Beth @ This Tangled Skein said...

I'm in, even though I did terribly on this in 2019. (I thought I already signed up, but I guess not!)

Viola said...

I can read my David Garrick book.

Viola said...

I hope to read my book on David Garrick.

Viola said...

I hope to read my book about David Garrick and a Georgette Heyerdahl.

Viola said...

I meant Georgette Heyerdahl!

Viola said...

Hi Becky,
I am running very late. My first review is here:
https://bookaddiction.blogspot.com/2020/12/georgian-book-challenge-david-garrick.html

Viola said...

Here is my second one: https://bookaddiction.blogspot.com/2020/12/beckys-georgian-reading-challenge-lady.html