Saturday, May 13, 2023

Sunday Salon #20 Current Obsession


My absolute favorite quote from Wind in the Willows:

"What are we to do with him?" asked the Mole of the Water Rat.
"Nothing at all," replied the Rat firmly. "Because there is really nothing to be done. You see, I know him from old. He is now possessed. He has got a new craze, and it always takes him that way, in its first stage. He'll continue like that for days now, like an animal walking in a happy dream, quite useless for all practical purposes. Never mind him." 

At first, he was just uploading them one week at a time. Then he uploaded all fifty-two. So my nice Friday-night treat became an all day, every day obsession. 

Bob Moke has four YouTube channels. Including this one that focuses on the two hour radio show, Moments to Remember. His other channels are AnotherProf, 78 Prof, 45 Prof. The radio show, Moments To Remember focuses on the years 1950 to 1956. His other YT channels are individual songs organized into playlists. 

So here are a *few* of my favorites.

 It's A Sin To Tell A Lie (1955) Somethin Smiths and the Redheads.

How Much Is That Hound Dog in the Window (1953)  Homer and Jethro

Close the Door They're Coming In the Windows (1955) Jim Lowe

Okay, favorites might be a strong word. Ear worms might be better. I love listening to the playlists by year--I do. (He's up to 1975 now). But there's something about the radio show format that I just love and adore. 

How does this connect to books? Well, indirectly, the music is BACKGROUND for much of my reading. I love to read while music is on. (Except perhaps Bible reading.)

© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: