Friday, November 30, 2007

Dewey's Printz Award Challenge


The rules come straight from Dewey at The Hidden Side Of A Leaf who is hosting this challenge:
To participate in the Printz Award Challenge, choose 6 books that have won the Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature OR one of the Honor books. The challenge runs from January 2008 to December 2008. When you’ve posted your list, please leave the link to your post in the comments.

Here is a list of all the award winners and honor books since 2000. The award hasn’t been around very long, but since each year has several honor books, you should find plenty to choose from.
My list includes

1. Either the 2008 Winner or one the 2008 honor books if I haven't already read them...
2. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
4. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
5. Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going
6. A Wreath for Emmett Till by Marilyn Nelson

Alternates

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
3. The First Part Last by Angela Johnson
4. Postcards from No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers
5. Monster by Walter Dean Myers

It goes from January 2008-December 2008

3 comments:

Dewey said...

Ha ha, when you left the comment on the graphic novels challenge post saying you wanted to wait and see what the other two would be, I KNEW you would pick this one, and I should have just emailed you then, but I have been so busy this week. Sorry! I'm glad you're joining. :)

1morechapter said...

I HIGHLY recommend The Book Thief. One of the best books of the year for me.

Anonymous said...

As most bloggers that peruse my site know, The Book Thief is a slight obsession of mine. I can't believe you haven't read it yet! The First Part Last was amazing as well. I think you would really enjoy both of those.