Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Murder on the Links

A Murder on the Links. Agatha Christie. 1923.  272 pages.

I just LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this mystery novel starring Hercule Poirot and his close friend Arthur Hastings. The novel, I believe, is narrated by Hastings, the same narrator introduced in Poirot's first novel, The Mysterious Affair At Styles.

I usually find Christie's Miss Marple novels to be more delightful, more charming, more satisfying than those starring Hercule Poirot. But this one is definitely an exception. I just loved it from cover to cover.

This mystery, for the most part, occurs in France. And it just works really, really well. I don't want to say too much about the mystery itself. I mean the less you know the better...but you really should give Agatha Christie a try!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Kailana 11:11 AM  

I really must read some Agatha Christie...

Nan 1:48 PM  

Becky, I loved it, too! And I am a big fan of Poirot! If you'd like to see what I wrote, it is here:

http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2010/02/murder-on-links-by-agatha-christie.html

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) 4:44 PM  

Oh, I just started reading Christie, recently. I'm living the cover on this one.

thereadingpanda 10:22 PM  

I love Poirot! I even like the old Poirot reruns that play sometimes on PBS!

Register website 4:15 AM  

This sounds really cool! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing :)
New follower!domain registration india

Sarah 3:00 AM  

I love this book! I've also started an Agatha Christie page on my blog and this one is definitely on my next to re-read list :)

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP