Sunday, June 23, 2013

Library Books Read-a-thon

Rachael Turns Pages is hosting a week long read-a-thon: June 22-28. Sign-ups are here. So I didn't get a chance to update on Wednesday. I was able to finish three books though. I'm not sure what I'll try to get read today!

 What I actually read:

Title: The Christian Atheist
Author: Craig Groeschel
# of pages: 241
Initial Thoughts: I enjoyed this one. A full review will be posted at Operation Actually Read Bible.

Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
# of pages:  487
Initial Thoughts: Oh how I love and adore this one. This was my third time to read it and I still love it!!!

Title: Half Magic
Author: Edward Eager
# of pages: 192
Initial Thoughts: What a fun novel!


Title: Mary Poppins
Author: P.L. Travers
# of Pages: 224 pages
Initial Thoughts: Another reread. I think I appreciate Mary Poppins more each time I read it. This was the third time I've read it. Some chapters I loved, loved, loved. Some chapters I didn't. But it is so worth the read!

Title: The Magic Pudding
Author: Norman Lindsay
# of Pages: 144
Initial Thoughts: I loved, loved, loved this one! Everyone should know this Australian classic!

Title: The Road to Oz
Author: L. Frank Baum
# of Pages: 272
Initial Thoughts: The worst Oz book I've read so far. 

Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
# of Pages: 544
Initial Thoughts: While I experienced it the first time I read it; I appreciated it more the second time.

Title: Stealing the Preacher
Author: Karen Witemeyer
# of Pages: 347
Initial Thoughts: Loved the cover, liked the contents. I thought it was a bit too busy with characters that didn't quite matter. But it was a pleasant enough read. 

Title: Erasing Hell: What God Said about Eternity, and the Things We've Made Up
Author: Francis Chan
# of Pages: 208
Initial thoughts: It was good.


Title: Death in the Clouds
Author: Agatha Christie
# of Pages: 253
Initial thoughts: I loved this Poirot mystery!


Library books I hope to read:
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata
  • Half Magic by Edward Eager
  • The Christian Atheist: Believing in God but Living as If He Doesn't Exist by Craig Groeschel
  • Silesian Station by David Downing
  • Sky on Fire (Monument 14) by Emmy Laybourne
  • All I Need by Susane Colsanti
  • Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
  • Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L. Travers
  • The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena Miller
  • A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller
  • All My Noble Dreams and Then What Happens by Gloria Whelan
  • Prototype by Jonathan Martin
 Other books I hope to read:
  • Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer
  • Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
  • I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Rachael 7:51 PM  

Thank you for joining. What a list you have there. I hope you get a lot of reading done this week.

Bev Hankins 3:49 PM  

What a great list--and knowing you, you'll probably knock them all out this week! Goodluck!

I read Mary Poppins this year as well.

angrygreycatreads.com 7:01 PM  

I remember Half Magic :) My kids used to love those kind of books.

Rachael 8:56 PM  

Half Magic is cute. I have never read Mary Poppins, but if you have read it almost 3 times it must be good.

Rachael 8:17 AM  

Great job this week. I'm glad you got so much reading done. Thanks for joining.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP