Sunday, June 23, 2013

Library Books Read-a-thon

Rachael Turns Pages is hosting a week long read-a-thon: June 22-28. Sign-ups are here. So I didn't get a chance to update on Wednesday. I was able to finish three books though. I'm not sure what I'll try to get read today!

 What I actually read:
Title: The Christian Atheist
Author: Craig Groeschel
# of pages: 241
Initial Thoughts: I enjoyed this one. A full review will be posted at Operation Actually Read Bible.

Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
# of pages:  487
Initial Thoughts: Oh how I love and adore this one. This was my third time to read it and I still love it!!!

Title: Half Magic
Author: Edward Eager
# of pages: 192
Initial Thoughts: What a fun novel!


Title: Mary Poppins
Author: P.L. Travers
# of Pages: 224 pages
Initial Thoughts: Another reread. I think I appreciate Mary Poppins more each time I read it. This was the third time I've read it. Some chapters I loved, loved, loved. Some chapters I didn't. But it is so worth the read!

Title: The Magic Pudding
Author: Norman Lindsay
# of Pages: 144
Initial Thoughts: I loved, loved, loved this one! Everyone should know this Australian classic!

Title: The Road to Oz
Author: L. Frank Baum
# of Pages: 272
Initial Thoughts: The worst Oz book I've read so far. 

Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
# of Pages: 544
Initial Thoughts: While I experienced it the first time I read it; I appreciated it more the second time.

Title: Stealing the Preacher
Author: Karen Witemeyer
# of Pages: 347
Initial Thoughts: Loved the cover, liked the contents. I thought it was a bit too busy with characters that didn't quite matter. But it was a pleasant enough read. 

Title: Erasing Hell: What God Said about Eternity, and the Things We've Made Up
Author: Francis Chan
# of Pages: 208
Initial thoughts: It was good.


Title: Death in the Clouds
Author: Agatha Christie
# of Pages: 253
Initial thoughts: I loved this Poirot mystery!


Library books I hope to read:
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata
  • Half Magic by Edward Eager
  • The Christian Atheist: Believing in God but Living as If He Doesn't Exist by Craig Groeschel
  • Silesian Station by David Downing
  • Sky on Fire (Monument 14) by Emmy Laybourne
  • All I Need by Susane Colsanti
  • Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
  • Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L. Travers
  • The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena Miller
  • A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller
  • All My Noble Dreams and Then What Happens by Gloria Whelan
  • Prototype by Jonathan Martin
 Other books I hope to read:
  • Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer
  • Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
  • I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Thank you for joining. What a list you have there. I hope you get a lot of reading done this week.

Bev Hankins said...

What a great list--and knowing you, you'll probably knock them all out this week! Goodluck!

I read Mary Poppins this year as well.

Anonymous said...

I remember Half Magic :) My kids used to love those kind of books.

Rachael said...

Half Magic is cute. I have never read Mary Poppins, but if you have read it almost 3 times it must be good.

Rachael said...

Great job this week. I'm glad you got so much reading done. Thanks for joining.