Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What's On Your Nightstand: June


What's On Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books. I'm reading a handful of books:


The Magic Pudding by Normal Lindsay. I only recently heard of this Australian children's classic originally published in 1918. It's a short read--144 pages--divided into "four slices." The illustrations are so much fun! I've read the first two slices so far, and it's LOVE. The hero of this one is a koala named Bunyip Bluegum.


The Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum. I've been "reading" this one since May, I think. While the other Oz books I've mostly read in just one sitting, this one has not been an easy read for me.


Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I'm rereading Insurgent in anticipation of the release of Allegiant this fall.



Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer. I really enjoyed Short-Straw Bride, and I am enjoying her newest book too.


Mary Poppins Comes Back. P.L. Travers. I finished Mary Poppins last night and I can't wait to start the next book in the series.


© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

Great list! I am really looking forward to Allegiant coming out!

Kara said...

I love your list! I really enjoyed Short Straw Bride and am looking forward to Stealing the Preacher too!

Barbara H. said...

I've seen Stealing the Preacher mentioned on several Nightstand posts. I hadn't originally thought it was something I'd be interested in, but I might rethink that!

Suko said...

Interesting selection, Becky! As for me, I have too many books on my nightstand right now....

morninglight mama said...

My son is reading DIVERGENT right now, but I haven't read any of the series. He's enjoying it so far, so I'm thinking that I might have to give it a try at some point.

Thanks for linking up!
-Dawn, 5M4B

Carrie said...

I LOVE The Magic Pudding! And since having read it, I've seen it pop up everywhere. I have to resist the urge to purchase every copy I find and distribute them. Although isn't what you are supposed to do with the good ones?

Happy reading!