Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #48

Happy Sunday! Do you remember how I said I wasn't going to be joining many challenges in 2011? Well, I might have spoken too soon. I do plan on being more selective about it though. 

What I've Reviewed:

Bright Young Things. Anna Godbersen. 2010. HarperCollins. 400 pages.
The Blending Time. Michael Kinch. 2010. Flux. 254 pages. 
Libyrinth. Pearl North. 2009. Tor. 336 pages.
Alcatraz Versus The Shattered Lens. Brandon Sanderson. 2010. Scholastic. 304 pages.
Enchanted Glass. Diana Wynne Jones. 2010. HarperCollins. 292 pages.
Cows Can't Jump by Dave Reisman. Illustrated by Jason A. Maas. 2008. Jumping Cow Press. 44 pages.  
More Bears! Kenn Nesbitt. Illustrated by Troy Cummings. 2010. November 2010. Sourcebooks. 32 pages. 
Camille Saint-Saens's The Carnival of the Animals. Jack Prelutsky. Illustrated by Mary GrandPre. 2010. Random House. 40 pages.  
Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: The New Girl (#2) Meg Cabot. 2008. Scholastic. 230 pages.
Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Best Friends and Drama Queens #3. Meg Cabot. 2009. Scholastic. 224 pages.
 What Good is God? In Search of A Faith That Matters. Philip Yancey. 2010. Faithwords [Hachette]. 287 pages
A Book About Color. Mark Gonyea. 2010. Henry Holt. 96 pages.
Unraveling Freedom: The Battle for Democracy on the Home Front During World War I. Ann Bausum. 2010. November 2010. National Geographic. 96 pages.

Coming Soon:

Bespelling Jane Austen. By Mary Balogh, Susan Krinard, Colleen Gleason, Janet Mullany. 2010. Harlequin. 377 pages.



A Darcy Christmas: A Holiday Tribute to Jane Austen. By Amanda Grange, Carolyn Eberhart, and Sharon Lathan. Sourcebooks. 304 pages.


Candy Bomber: The Story of The Berlin Airlift's "Chocolate Pilot". Michael O. Tunnell. 2010. Charlesbridge. 120 pages. 

Currently Reading:


He Knew He Was Right. Anthony Trollope. 1869/2009. Oxford University Press. 992 pages.


Black Radishes. Susan Lynn Meyer. 2010. Random House. 240 pages.

What I'm Hoping to Properly Begin Soon:


Lady Anna. Anthony Trollope. 1874/2009. Oxford World's Classics. 560 pages.


The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James. 2007. HarperCollins. 352 pages.
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Becky! I am wondering if you will be hosting the A-Z challenge again in 2011? It is one of my favorites and I am starting to think about next year's books!
*smiles*

chrisa511 said...

I've been saying the same thing...not too many challenges next year...in fact, I'm thinking I may JUST do Carl's...no year long challenges, aside from the mutual challenges I'm doing...which I would TOTALLY love to do with you now that I'm thinking of it :D How much fun would that be to pick 5 books for each other to read???? You give the best book recommendations in the WORLD!! Kim's comment is making me want to do the A-Z challenge again though even though I skipped it this year...that is a really fun one :)

Becky said...

Kim -- I haven't decided yet. If I do decide to host it again, I'll probably post about it next Sunday Salon.

Chris,I think it would be very fun to do the challenge with you where we recommend five books for each other. I'm not exactly sure of the rules you've got set up. But I'd love to look into it more. I know I've got some great books in mind for you :)