Socrates' Book Review Blog
January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
Level 2: Investigator: Reading 7 to 12 books
1. The Mysterious Affair At Styles. A Hercule Poirot Mystery. Agatha Christie.
2. Whose Body? Dorothy L. Sayers.
3. Unnatural Death. Dorothy L. Sayers.
4. Murder on the Orient Express. Agatha Christie.
5. Strong Poison. Dorothy L. Sayers
6. Murder at the Vicarage. A Miss Marple Mystery. Agatha Christie.
7. The Matters at Mansfield: Or The Crawford Affair. A Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery. Carrie Bebris.
8. Have His Carcase. Dorothy L. Sayers.
9. Gaudy Night. Dorothy L. Sayers. 1936
10. The A.B.C. Murders. (Hercule Poirot). Agatha Christie.
11. The Body in the Library. (Miss Marple) Agatha Christie. 1941
12. Five Little Pigs. (Hercule Poirot) Agatha Christie. 1941
13. A Murder is Announced. Agatha Christie. 1950
14. 4:50 From Paddington. Agatha Christie. 1957
15. The Intrigue at Highbury: Or, Emma's Match. Carrie Bebris. 2010.
16. Cards on the Table. Agatha Christie. 1937.
17. Appointment with Death. Agatha Christie. 1937
18. Cat Among the Pigeons. Agatha Christie. 1959
19. At Bertram's Hotel. Agatha Christie. 1965
20. Sad Cypress. Agatha Christie. 1939
21. The Moving Finger. Agatha Christie. 1942
22. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Agatha Christie. 1926
23. A Caribbean Mystery. Agatha Christie. 1964/
24. The Big Four. Agatha Christie. 1927
25. Evil Under the Sun. Agatha Christie. 1940
26. Taken at the Flood. Agatha Christie. 1948
27. Dead Man's Folly. Agatha Christie. 1956
28. A Man Lay Dead. Ngaio Marsh. 1934
29. Face Down in the Marrow-Bone Pie. Kathy Lynn Emerson.
30. A Red Herring Without Mustard: A Flavia de Luce Novel. Alan Bradley
31. The Silent Speaker. Rex Stout. 1946/1994.
32. Black Orchids. A Nero Wolfe Mystery. Rex Stout. 1941/1942.
33. Some Buried Caesar. Nero Wolfe Mystery. Rex Stout. 1938.
34. Fer-de-lance. A Nero Wolfe Mystery. Rex Stout. 1934
35. Clouds of Witness. Dorothy L. Sayers. 1927
36. Nemesis. Agatha Christie. 1971
37. The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club. Dorothy L. Sayers. 1928
38. The Cat Who Could Read Backwards. Lilian Jackson Braun. 1966. Compass Press. 227 pages.
39. The Cat Who Turned On and Off. Lilian Jackson Braun. 1968. Penguin. 265 pages.
40.The Cat Who Saw Red. Lilian Jackson Braun. 1986. Penguin. 250 pages.
41.The Cat Who Played Brahms. Lilian Jackson Braun. 1987. Penguin. 256 pages.
42. Too Many Cooks. A Nero Wolfe Mystery. Rex Stout. 1938
43. Death of a Doxy. A Nero Wolfe Mystery. Rex Stout.
44. Three at Wolfe's Door. Rex Stout.
45. The Golden Spiders. Rex Stout.
46. Crocodile on the Sandbank. Amelia Peabody Mystery #1. Elizabeth Peters
47. Elephants Can Remember. Agatha Christie.
48. Cover Her Face. P.D. James. 1962.
She directs participants to Cozy-Mystery.Com which lists authors alphabetically. I *know* I'll be reading Josephine Tey and Dorothy L. Sayers. Probably Agatha Christie as well.
A Shilling for Candles by Josephine Tey
Miss Pym Disposes by Josephine Tey
The Franchise Affair by Josephine Tey
Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey
To Love and Be Wise by Josephine Tey
The Singing Sands by Josephine Tey
Whose Body by Dorothy L. Sayers
Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers (library)
Have His Carcase by Dorothy L. Sayers
Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L. Sayers
The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers
Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers
Busman's Honeymoon by Dorothy L. Sayers (library)
Unfortunately, the site seems to be experiencing *some* difficulty in loading--so I can't go through the authors section. But. I will be back to add to my list!
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews