Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week in Review: March 23-29

In the Best Families. (Nero Wolfe). Rex Stout. 1950. 272 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Five Children and It. E. Nesbit. 1902/2004. Puffin Classics. 240 pages. [Source: Book I bought]
Seven Wild Sisters: A Modern Fairy Tale. Charles de Lint. Illustrated by Charles Vess. 2014. Little, Brown. 272 pages. [Source: Library]
Death Comes to the Village. Catherine Lloyd. 2013. Kensington. 304 pages. [Source: Library]
Animal Colors. Thea Feldman. 2014. Kingfisher. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Tyrannosaurus. Thea Feldman. 2014. Kingfisher. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Poem-Mobiles: Crazy Car Poems. J Patrick Lewis and Douglas Florian. 2014. Random House. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Taking A Risk On Love. Irene Brand. 2012. Barbour (Heartsong Presents) 184 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Childless (Fatherless #2) James C. Dobson and Kurt Bruner. 2013. FaithWords. 448 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Practical Theology for Women. Wendy Horger Alsup. 2008. Crossway. 154 pages. [Source: Review copy]

My favorite book:

There were two books this week that I absolutely loved, loved, loved. I have read Five Children and It a handful of times now. I just love and adore this children's classic. If you have not read E. Nesbit, this would be a great first choice! I also absolutely loved, loved, loved In the Best Families by Rex Stout. Rex Stout wrote many, many Nero Wolfe mysteries. In The Best Families is the last book in a trilogy starring Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. (And Be A Villain and Second Confession are the first two. The Second Confession and In The Best Families should definitely be read in order. And Be A Villain is more of a stand alone.) Nero and Archie are two of my FAVORITE characters. I love them so much. And this is one of the best, best books in the series, that is why it is my choice for this week's favorite and best!

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Suko said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful week of reading, Becky. I have not read E.Nesbit but your enthusiasm is encouraging me to do so.