Saturday, March 01, 2014

Week in Review: February 23-28

The Second Confession (Nero Wolfe). Rex Stout. 1949. 256 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Dick Turpin: The Myth of the English Highwayman. James Sharpe. 2004. Profile Books. 258 pages. [Source: Book I bought]
The Westing Game. Ellen Raskin. 1978. 182 pages. [Source: Library]
Salt: A Story of Friendship in a Time of War. Helen Frost. 2013. FSG. 160 pages. [Source: Library]
The Impossible Knife of Memory. Laurie Halse Anderson. 2014. Penguin. 400 pages. [Source: Library]
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. 2008. Random House. 274 pages. [Source: Library]
A Little Book for New Theologians: Why and How to Study Theology. Kelly M. Kapic. 2012. IVP. 126 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
More Precious Than Gold: 50 Daily Meditations on the Psalms. Sam Storms. 2009. Crossway. 288 pages. [Source: Review copy]

This week's favorite: 

Another tough decision faces me this week! Do I choose The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? This is a reread that I absolutely love and adore!!! It's so very quotable. It is just a book that delights from cover to cover. OR. Do I choose The Second Confession by Rex Stout. This is a new-to-me book from a favorite series. I adore Archie Goodwin and Nero Wolfe. And this is one of the best mysteries I've read this year!!! As much as I adore Archie Goodwin, I think I love The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a tiny bit more! (It was oh-so-close!)

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Kailana said...

I know some people that kind of act like rereads don`t count, but I think they do!

She Reads Late Into the Night said...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is one of favorites to!