Thursday, June 18, 2015

What Should I Read for the 48 Hour Readathon?!

Tomorrow is the start of the 48 Hour Readathon hosted by MotherReader.  (The rules)

 I've checked out some middle-grade fiction from the library:

Lost in the Sun by Lisa Graff
It's funny how the simplest thing, like riding your bike to the park the way you've done nearly every summer afternoon since you ditched your training wheels, can suddenly become so complicated. If you let it. 
The Great Good Summer by Liz Garton Scanlon 
God is alive and well in Loomer, Texas, so I don't know why Mama had to go all the way to The Great Good Bible Church of Panhandle Florida to find him, or to find herself, either. 
Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai
I whip my head toward the airplane window as soon as Dad scoots into my row. 
Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks
"Goodbye, school shoes," said Tuesday McGillycuddy, droppoing her battered black lace-ups into a bin full of lunch wraps and orange peel. It was the end of school, for the day, for the week, for the year. 
Wish Girl by Nikki Loftin
The summer before I turned thirteen, I held so still it almost killed me. 
The Imaginary by A.F. Harrold
 That evening Amanda Shuffleup opened her wardrobe door and hung her coat up on a boy.
Other library possibilities:
  •  Dear Hank Williams by Kimberly Willis Holt
  • To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (a reread)
  • The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows
  • The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox
  • Sounder by William H. Armstrong
  • The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (a reread)
  • The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (a reread)
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (a reread) 
© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

Lots of good choices. I liked Lost in the Sun way more than I thought I would! Still need to put my list together. Oh! If you can get the e galley of Lunchbox Jones, that was good.

Becky said...

Thank you for your recommendation!