Saturday, August 08, 2015

Clifford Goes to Kindergarten (2015)

Clifford Goes to Kindergarten. Norman Bridwell. 2015. Scholastic. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Hello! My name is Emily Elizabeth, and this is my dog, Clifford. I started kindergarten yesterday. At first I was scared, but now I love school.

Premise/plot: Emily Elizabeth is starting school. Will she like kindergarten? Will she love it? What will Clifford do when she's in school? Well, on one day at least he will go to school with her. What will the teacher think? What will her classmates think?

My thoughts: I liked this one. I don't always "love" each and every Clifford book. But overall, I do like the characters of Emily Elizabeth and Clifford. Don't expect it to be the absolute best book in the series. But it's certainly enjoyable enough.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10


© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: