That Artsy Reader Girl.
1. It is a good rule, after reading a new book, never to
allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
If that is too much for you, you should at least read one old one to
every three new ones. C.S. Lewis This quote was the inspiration for my new reading challenge. It is my approach for reading in 2018. So far, so good. I am LOVING keeping track on GoodReads. At a glance, I can tell that as of today--I've read 20 new books and 11 old ones.
2. To always be reading something old, something new, something borrowed, something true. That will keep me balanced not just new and old--see above--but balanced between reading my own books and library books, and nonfiction and fiction.
3. To go outside my comfort zone and read more short stories and listen to more books on audio.
4. To read the 2018 books as I receive them, not letting them pile up and get to be super over-whelming.
5. To keep up with my reading challenges and not play favorites. Not only keep up by reading the books, but also *reviewing* the books, and adding links to the challenge post.
6. To reread at least 24 of my favorite, favorite, favorite books.
7. To read new-to-me authors.
8. To be intentional about scheduling posts ahead. In a perfect, perfect scenario, I would LOVE to save two or three reviews each month and schedule them to post in December. So that December could be less stressful in terms of blogging.
9. To share more quotes in my reviews when I really love a book.
10. To read more classics.
© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews