Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Greatest Adventure

The Greatest Adventure. Tony Piedra. 2018. Scholastic. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Eliot was a great adventurer. After it rained, he sailed the high seas. And in the shadows, he tracked the trails of wild beasts.

Premise/plot: Eliot is a little boy on a quest for BIG adventures. He won’t be satisfied until he has a REAL adventure. Will his grandfather help him out? Can these two adventurous souls set out on an adventure of their own?

My thoughts: I really liked this one. I was charmed by it. I think in large part because of the illustrations. I liked Eliot. I liked the grandpa. I liked how these two got to know each other better. And I just found the story satisfying.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: