Wednesday, August 08, 2018

The Doll Hospital

The Doll Hospital. Kallie George and Sara Gillingham. 2018. Simon & Schuster. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: The sun rises like a golden button in the sky. Dr. Pegs is enjoying a calm morning at the Doll Hospital.

Premise/plot: Dr. Pegs doesn't have much to do, or does she?! Just how busy can a hospital get in a day?!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one very much. Dr. Pegs is ALL about the checklists. It is a good thing she's an organizer. Because there are a LOT of dolls in trouble. The thought of so many dolls having accidents worries me. I know it's necessary for a doctor to have patients....but still. I don't think this will bother most readers.

This may be my favorite cumulative tale that I've read this year.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: