Friday, August 10, 2018

Chicken on Vacation

Chicken on Vacation. Adam Lehrhaupt. Illustrated by Shahar Kober.  2018. HarperCollins. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

 First sentence: Zoey burst into the barn. "Pack your hat, Sam!" she said. "We're going on a beach vacation!"

Premise/plot: Chicken on Vacation is an I Can Read level one early reader starring one of my favorite characters. Last year I reviewed three books starring Zoey the chicken: Chicken in School, Chicken in Space, and Chicken in Mittens. (Chicken in Mittens and Chicken on Vacation are 2018 Cybils eligible.) In this book, Zoey and Sam are heading to the beach. (OR are they?!?!)

My thoughts: I really ADORE Zoey. I do. I never thought that one of my favorite sub-sub-genres of picture books would be CHICKEN BOOKS. But there are some great books out there. I would recommend the whole series.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: