Friday, October 30, 2020

132. Mr. Universe


Mr Universe. Arthur Slade. 2021 [January] 128 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: It was just my luck that my girlfriend lived in another universe. And, to make matters worse, mysterious gray men were trying to erase her. My name is Michael, and I’m the last guy you’d think would end up jumping from one world to another.

Premise/plot: Michael, our protagonist, goes to visit his Uncle Harry, a scientist, and accidentally ends up in another universe. The good news? He meets a girl, Emily, and they definitely like like each other. The bad news? Well, there are lizard-men in grey suits after them--and only them???--can these two escape? Will Michael find a way back to his own universe? Can he find a way to bring Emily with him? 

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading about multiverses or alternate realities. It has a little romance as a sub-plot, but it's more science fiction than romance. What I enjoyed most was how quick a read it was. I really like to be able to sit down and read a book in one sitting.

 

© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Zafreen Khan said...

Hey nice reviews about this book. But, it will be really amazing if you do it through a video. Hence if you want to get daily readings of these such books i can help you. I found really amazing books on self help,hope you would like it.

Kelly-Belly said...

Have you read Brightly Burning by Alexa Doone? I really enjoyed that one. It came out a few years ago. :)