Tuesday, January 04, 2022

3. The Shadow Throne


The Shadow Throne. (Ascendance #3) Jennifer A. Nielsen. 2014. 336 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: In my life, I'd had my share of fights, sometimes with fists, sometimes with knives, occasionally with a sword.

The inevitable war has come at last to Carthya. And in The Shadow Throne, everyone we've come to know (and love) is in DANGER. Imogen, Jaron's (not-so-secret "secret" true love), has been taken. Carthya's borders have been invaded. War on multiple fronts from multiple countries. Pure chaos is erupting throughout Jaron's kingdom...and it seems that war will cost Jaron dearly.

The Shadow Throne is action-packed. WAR, war, more war. (And the return of pirates). Will Jaron get his happily ever after?

While I've reread The False Prince and the Runaway King several times, this was my first time to reread The Shadow Throne. I had forgotten many of the details. Because I didn't remember how everything worked out [or didn't]...I found it almost impossible to put down. I had to keep reading chapter after chapter after chapter.

I read all three books back to back over the course of a week. I loved every moment I spent with the characters. Plenty of action. Good world-building. Characters that are oh-so-human. Relationships that are carefully developed and not rushed.

Highly recommend this series.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: