Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Library Loot: Second Week in July


New loot:

Three Men in A Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) & Three Men On the Bummel by Jerome K. Jerome
The Known World by Edward P. Jones
Passion by Jude Morgan
Beloved by Toni Morrison
A Mercy by Toni Morrison
The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi
The Last Colony by John Scalzi
Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi
Cup of Gold by John Steinbeck
The Grapes of Wrath and Other Writings by John Steinbeck
Scaramouche: A Romance of the French Revolution by Rafael Sabatini

Leftover loot:

Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
Cart and Cwidder by Diana Wynne Jones
Drowned Amnet by Diana Wynne Jones
The Spellcoats by Diana Wynne Jones
The Crown of Dalemark by Diana Wynne Jones
To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
On the Beach by Nevil Shute
The Android's Dream by John Scalzi

Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sensing a theme here. I loved both the Connie Willises, but I've not heard of the Jerome K. Jerome. The title sounds intriguing...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jerome K Jerome! One of my favourites - I just love those books; so much fun! L.

Anonymous said...

And I thought my loot was bad last week! You put me to shame. This week I only have two.

Laura H said...

I see a Nevil Shute book. We just read A town like Alice by Nevil Shute. I had never heard of him till then. It was pretty good. I'd like to see what you think of On the beach.

Shanra said...

Oooooh. The Dalemark Quartet!

And you do have a theme going on with this week's loot, don't you? ^-^ So many interesting sounding books on the list...

Eva said...

Beloved and A Mercy are both really good! I've been eyeing The Known World for a couple years now.

Blodeuedd said...

Great loot :D
i tried willis but sadly not for me

Anonymous said...

I read A Mercy this year; it was the first time I read Morrison, so it was different, but I enjoyed it very much. The characters have stayed with me. =)

Tiina said...

Scaramouche should be a fun summer read!I enjoyed reading Doomsday book. There are also two books by Anne Benson The Plague Tales and Burning Road which deal with a similar topic.

Greetings,
Tiina

Kailana said...

Great haul! Lots of books there that I look forward to the reviews of. :)