Friday, August 21, 2009

Library Loot: Third Week in August


Leftover Loot:

Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Secret Adventures of Charlotte Bronte by Laura Joh Rowland

New Loot:

Opening Atlantis by Harry Turtledove
The United States of Atlantis by Harry Turtledove
A Monster's Notes by Laurie Sheck
The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer
The Land of the Silver Apples by Nancy Farmer
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Suko said...

I love the term, "leftover loot". Question: do you need to finish the leftovers before delving into the newer fare? I'm not familiar with much of your new loot. But loot is loot, and I'm sure you'll enjoy most, if not all, of it.

Marg said...

Oh, you are going to start reading the Pink Carnation series. They are so much fun!

Thanks for participating in Library Loot so consistently!

DesLily said...

wow I am shocked to see that I have 3 of your new loot in my tbr pile!
A Monster's Notes /
The Sea of Trolls /
The Land of the Silver Apples

and very surprised to see anyone reading the old Tarzan book! Cool! (I knew Gordon Scott who played Tarzan in the 1960's!..handsome devil lol)

Ceri said...

I love Frankenstein - fabulously written classic :-D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series. I read The Scarlet Pimpernel last year and then saw these mentioned on a lot of blogs, but never got back around to them. Maybe this is my sign. :)