Wednesday, December 05, 2012

The Search for the Red Dragon

The Search for the Red Dragon. James A. Owen. Simon & Schuster. 384 pages.

I am so excited to be rereading this series. I think I will enjoy the new books in the series so much more after I reread these first books again. In this second adventure, Jack, Charles, and John are called to the Archipelago of Dreams by Laura Glue, a little girl with wings who shows up looking for the caretaker. The caretaker she means is an enemy of her grandfather. It is not Jack, Charles or John she is looking for, but a man named Jamie. But her need for help is very great...someone is kidnapping the children from the Archipelago of Dreams. Even the royal prince has been taken. Even some of the 'lost boys' are gone. Can these three caretakers solve a mystery? This one relies not only upon Peter Pan, but Greek mythology as well. Readers also learn that all is not well with time, and that their adventures in the Keep of Time has had an effect on both worlds and an old enemy has returned...

I enjoyed meeting Laura Glue, and her grandfather; I also enjoyed catching up with some of the other characters.

This is a fun series that is easy to recommend
.

Read The Search for the Red Dragon
  • IF you enjoy fantasy, mythology, classic literature
  • If you enjoy fantasy-adventure quests
  • If you read and enjoyed the first in the series, Here There Be Dragons
  • If you have enjoyed the works of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, James Barrie, etc.

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I do love this series, even though it makes my head hurt just a little bit. My heavy duty fantasy readers like it as well.Can't wait for the newest one!