Saturday, October 03, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #40

Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him! Theo LeSieg (Dr. Seuss). Illustrated by Charles E. Martin. 1976. Random House. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I'm going to have a party. But I don't think that I'll ask Hooper Humperdink.

Premise/plot: The narrator is having a party and inviting all his friends--A to Z--but the narrator is decidedly against inviting a certain Hooper Humperdink. (Readers never do learn exactly why). Friends are listed by name A through Z. And as the invitation list grows so does the party.

My thoughts: Just okay for me. I didn't really like it, but, I didn't really dislike it either. Not a must read, in my opinion. One thing I did notice is that later editions have been illustrated by someone else. But my library copy is Charles E. Martin.

Have you read Hooper Humperdkink? Not Him!? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book(s) I'll be reviewing is Would You Rather Be A Bullfrog? and Please Try To Remember the First of Octember!

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: