Friday, December 09, 2016

Countdown to Christmas, day 9


So Kailana (The Written Word) and I are teaming up again...this time to celebrate CHRISTMAS. 25 days of answering questions! You are definitely welcome to join in on the fun!
A treat I love to make or eat during the holidays...

Here's where I have a choice. Do I share recipes for treats that I'll never again eat myself????? OR do I tell you that man does not live by bread alone and that fresh fruit is the greatest treat ever?! OR third option: TEA, TEA, MORE, TEA, EVEN MORE TEA.

My link to the best sugar cookie recipe ever. (Also some pictures of me when I was very, very, very young!)

My recipe post for Dr. Pepper Cake. (No pictures of me, but a great recipe)

My favorite holiday teas are: Candy Cane Lane and Sweet Harvest Pumpkin.

My personal favorite thing to eat year round is something I call "turkey goo." It uses ground turkey (93% lean or 99% lean, whatever), chopped onions, chopped red peppers, chopped celery, chopped mushrooms, chopped zucchini, plus a bunch of seasonings. Saute the vegetables in olive oil in a skillet, add the ground turkey (I do 1/4 package at a time), season liberally with onion powder, celery salt, garlic salt, chili powder, and cumin. Add 1/3 (ish) cup of diced canned tomatoes, 1/3 (ish) cup of canned tri-beans (or black beans or red beans or pinto beans or whatever bean-beans). You'll add those towards the very end of the cooking process. The beans are the carbs of the meal. You could choose your carbs to be something else. Like sometimes I bake some winter squash slices instead. It should be HOT and SPICY with no---Eew I'm eating ground turkey side effects.

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kailana said...

That all looks great!!! I am not much of a baker... (Because I burn everything!) Or tea drinker for that matter. lol