Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What's On Your Nightstand (January)


The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.

New English Bible. 1970/1990. Illustrated by Horace Knowles. 973 pages. [Source: Bought]

So I'm reading the New English Bible according to this plan. But instead of 52 weeks, I'm doing 2 "weeks" per day. So I'll essentially be reading the whole Bible semi-chronologically in a little under a month.


The Karamazov Brothers. Fyodor Dostoevsky. Translated by Ignat Avsey. 1880/2008. 1054 pages. [Source: Library]

I've been reading this one almost a week now, and I am LOVING it. It is going so much faster than I ever dreamed it would.

The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card. 1992. 463 pages. [Source: Bought[

I've reread this one several times. It is one of my favorite books.

Foundations of Grace. Steven J. Lawson. 2006. Reformation Trust. 577 pages. [Source: Bought]

I'm not loving it as much as I hoped I would. But. My expectations were really, really, high. I still love the premise behind this book.

The Quincunx by Charles Palliser. 1990. 787 pages. [Source: Library]

This chunkster is set in Victorian England.


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also reading The Quincunx by Charles Palliser. I love anything set in Victorian England times.


Have you seen Houston Apartments