Sunday, January 15, 2017

Rain

Rain. Robert Kalan. Illustrated by Donald Crews. 1978. 32 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Blue sky. Yellow sun. White clouds. Gray clouds. No sun. Gray sky. Rain.

Premise/plot: Rain is a simple concept book for young children. It's a book about the weather, and, a book about colors. The rain coming down from the gray clouds--the word rain over and over again.

My thoughts: I really like this one. I do. I am most familiar with Donald Crews' Freight Train. And by familiar, I mean essentially have it memorized. This one has a very similar feel. Is it my favorite picture book about rain? Probably not. That would be UMBRELLA by Taro Yashima. But it still works and is worth reading.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: