- What are you currently reading for the challenge?
- Have you finished any books for this challenge this month?
- Is there a book you're looking forward to starting next month?
- Want to share any favorite quotes? It could be from your current read. It could be about reading. It could be about drinking tea.
- What teas have you enjoyed this month?
- Do you have a new favorite tea?
The books I've finished and reviewed:
Ugly. Robert Hoge. 2016. 208 pages. [Source: Library]
Bobbs Merril Third Reader. Edited by Clara Belle Baker and Edna Dean Baker. 1924/30/39. 293 pages. [Source: Bought]
A Stolen Heart. Amanda Cabot. 2017. Revell. 352 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Trumpet of the Swan. E.B. White. Illustrated by Fred Marcellino. 1970. 272 pages. [Source: Library]
Poetry for Cats: The Definitive Anthology of Distinguished Feline Verse. Henry Beard. 1994. 96 pages. [Source: Borrowed.]
French for Cats. Henry N. Beard. 1991. 96 pages. [Borrowed]
Advanced French for Exceptional Cats. Henry N. Beard. 1992. 96 pages. [Source: Borrowed]
Holy Bible. 21st Century King James Version (KJ21) Edited by William D. Prindle. 1888 pages. [Source: Bought]
The Best Short Stories. Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Translated by David Magarshack. 2001. 320 pages. [Source: Library]
The books I've finished but reviews aren't posted yet:
- Stepping Out by Lin Oliver
- The Dream Keeper and Other Poems by Langston Hughes
- Wish by Barbara O'Connor
Haven't planned that far ahead?!
- The world is full of talkers, but it is rare to find anyone who listens. (E.B. White, Trumpet of the Swan, 50)
- "Sam, if a man can walk three miles in one hour, how many miles can he walk in four hours?" "It would depend on how tired he got after the first hour," replied Sam. (E.B. White, Trumpet of the Swan, 76)
- Everyone is entitled to his likes and dislikes and to his prejudices. Come to think of it, I don't care for pistachio ice cream. I don't know why I don't like it, but I don't. (E.B. White, Trumpet of the Swan, 114)
- I knew I was ugly. But everyone is uglier than they think. We are all more beautiful too. We all have scars only we can own. (Ugly, Robert Hoge, 200)
- Life is sweet even in sorrow. It's good to be alive, however hard life is. (Dostoyevsky, 177)
What teas have I enjoyed this month?
- Triple Leaf Tea's White Tea. I love, love, love THIS one. I don't drink it sweetened. I've actually gotten down to just one sweetened tea a day! (That would be my cinnamon tea or my chocolate mint tea).
- Stash's English Breakfast Tea. This isn't my tea-time read-a-book tea. This is my first cup of the day, isn't life great with a cup of tea BREAKFAST tea. I don't drink it sweetened.
- Stash's Fusion White and Green Tea blend. I try to have three cups of green tea a day. And I've been having this one count as one of my green teas! (The green tea I drink is Bigelow).
© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews