Host: Becky's Book Reviews (sign up here)
Duration: December 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019
# of books: minimum four
Georgian Era can be defined as either 1714-1830 OR 1744-1837. You may choose how you want to define it in terms of the reading challenge. It covers the reigns of George I, George II, George III, and George IV of England. (If you go with the later definition, it also includes the oh-so-brief reign of William IV.) This includes the REGENCY PERIOD but is more inclusive.
There will be seven check-in posts. February 16, 2019; April 6, 2019; May 18, 2019; July 6, 2019; September 7, 2019; November 2, 2019. December 28, 2019.
IF you love reading AND you happen to love tea...consider joining my Share-a-Tea reading challenge.
"Official" theme song: Born 2 Rule (The Four Georges)
- Novels, poems, plays, short stories, novellas, letters, diaries, essays, nonfiction published in Great Britain (or its colonies) during the Georgian era.
- Nonfiction books published about the Georgian era. Including, of course, biographies on the royal family.
- Historical fiction set during the Georgian era.
- Books, e-books, audio books.
- Movies and television series set during this period--if you review them--can count. But try to keep things balanced.
Sign up by leaving a comment. No blog is required--no review either. But if you do have a blog, I'd love a link to it. Same with GoodReads if that is where you review books. (Comment moderation is turned on.)
You may follow me on twitter @blbooks.
© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
I'm signing up for the challenge. I'll work on a post about it. Thanks Becky.
Post a Comment