Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Daisies and Devotion

Daisies and Devotion (Mayfield Family #2) Josi S. Kilpack. 2019. Shadow Mountain. 304 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: After two minutes of sitting, Timothy was on his feet, walking the perimeter of the drawing room and looking over each of the excellent paintings on the wall. He'd never been one to sit still very long.

Premise/plot: Timothy Mayfield fears that circumstances will force him to marry an heiress or not at all. He admits his such to Miss Maryann Morrington when she asks if he's courting her because of her money. His honesty is refreshing--except for when it isn't.

Miss Morrington fears that every single suitor is after her money. Before it became known that she was an heiress, she had few--if any. She's a little too old to be having her first season in London. If she doesn't receive a proposal this year--will she ever?

When Timothy's circumstances change--thanks to his uncle's promise--will he keep Maryann in mind now that he's looking for someone tall, blonde, thin, graceful, musical, fluent in two or three languages, etc.? (His exact list is too long to quote!)

My thoughts: I loved, loved, loved, LOVED this one. I think I loved this one even more than the first book in the series, Promises and Primroses. (I honestly didn't think that was possible since I absolutely loved it.) If you like your romances to be giddy-making, I'd definitely recommend this one. I love the characters, the dialogue, the relationships, the pacing, the setting. (I love Regency romances). There isn't anything I didn't love about this one.



© 2019 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Lark said...

This one sounds like a lot of fun...and a perfect summer read! :)