Sunday, October 21, 2007

Read-a-thon Survey

Post Read-a-thon Survey

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 19. After finishing a book at this stage, I was too tired to even CHOOSE another book to begin.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? That's hard to say. Everyone has different tastes. I would say this however. Keep a few light, breezy books nearby for the wee hours. It's much less daunting to start say a 100 page kids book than it is to face another thick book.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I liked everything really. The mini-challenges were fun. I would think that having challenges open for two hours at a time would work better. 24 is a bit too long, but one hour is awfully short. There were a few times where I didn't think to check the site--or couldn't check the site--until ten or fifteen minutes before the hour was up. Then if the challenge was a "must" I had to scramble, scramble, scramble to participate. I think twelve challenges would still be a lot to offer and is slightly more realistic than twenty-four.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The host was great :)

5. How many books did you read? I read 8 books. I reviewed (or partially reviewed) 9 books altogether.

6. What were the names of the books you read? See this post.

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Too hard to say, but A Crooked Kind Of Perfect was great. It really kept me up past when I was tired.

8. Which did you enjoy least? I enjoyed all of them really. But the Bradbury probably would go here. I liked what I liked in it. But a few stories left me blah.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Skipping this one.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would probably consider this again. Why not? It was fun.

3 comments:

1morechapter said...

Congratulations on finishing! It was a blast.

Nyssaneala said...

Congrats! I hope you are catching up on some sleep!

alisonwonderland said...

eight books! great job!