Friday, February 17, 2012

Rasco and the Rats of NIMH (MG)

Rasco and the Rats of NIMH. Jane Leslie Conly. 1986. HarperCollins. 280 pages.

Mrs. Frisby, a brown field mouse, hummed softly to herself as she folded her son Timothy's clothing: a sweater, a jacket, a red scarf. 

I really LOVED Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. Which is why I was so excited to discover there was a sequel written by the author's daughter. I'm not sure I loved Rasco and the Rats of NIMH more than the original novel--it's been too many years since I first read it. But I definitely loved it. I just LOVE the world she has created. I loved the community--society--they've built in Thorn Valley.

This book just made me happy. It was purely satisfying. Granted, not everything that happens in this one is happy. There is a problem to be solved, a crisis to be averted. It will take a community working together--thinking together--to save Thorn Valley from a very human threat: progress. But. It was just a great little novel to spend an afternoon with.

Read Rasco and the Rats of NIMH

  • If you love animal fantasies
  • If you love stories starring mice and/or rats
  • If you love Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
  • If you want to revisit the 80s--through a rat's perspective!
  • If you love adventure stories

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


Swapna 4:14 PM  

I LOVED this book as a kid. I used to read this and Mrs. Frisby over and over again. Thanks for reviewing it!

Melanie 12:19 AM  

Oh my! It's been years since I read this book. I really loved it as a child.

Melissa (Avid Reader) 2:30 PM  

I loved this one as a kid too! I'm so glad you discovered it.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP